2GsFT9.png

N9yZ3A.png

7STHJE.png

Random :

QKEHY7.png

ACx3J7x.png

Edited by Photoshopfreak

Hi there and welcome to TDA! :)

Before your gallery can be approved, please read this topic about gallery rules+. You need to put the date of your last gallery update in the topic description. You can do this by clicking on 'edit' at the bottom right of your post, then clicking 'use full editor' and typing the date in the 'topic description' bar.

You also need to include a credits list to make sure you credit the makes of your resources and that nothing you use goes against the copyright rules here+.

For more information on making a credits list, please see this topic+.

Also, you need 5 posts on the forums before you can be moved up to member artist status :happy:

Such lovely graphics here. :loves: Great job! I wish I was this good when I had started. :D

Well, hello there. :) Welcome to TDA.

I have seen you around in the forums, which is good. :yes: It's good to know your way around here. :angel:

I love all your signatures, especially the first and third one. :wub:

You don't have much for now, but that's alright. As long as you make more graphics, then that'll be awesome. :queen:

So, I'm Alishya, nice to meet you, and if you ever need anything, don't be afraid to message me. I'd love to help. ^_^

~ Asphodel

Edited by Lady Asphodel

Thanks!!! :D

I didn't just start. Been working with photoshop ever since 2002. So I've had a bit of practice. :)

And been workin on other things. Just tried my hand at a banner for the first time. :)

Hi! I really like your gallery, especially +this and +this. I think the coloring and text work particularly well on those two.

The critical stuff (sorry if it's a bit harsh :( ):

The composition is a little awkward on some of them - for example, on +this sig the people aren't sitting on anything, which is a bit odd. In the Lady of the Estate sig, having both people looking at the viewer can be a little overwhelming :-/

Also, look out for image quality - the images on your "the evil one" and "can your light save me" banners seem a little grainy/mismatched coloring.

The text placement is important - it sticks out oddly on the "Lexi/Stefan" CI (I didn't even notice Lexi at first, so her text was confusing) and on "The Evil One" (my eye goes to the people and then has to search around for the text). The "Lady of the Estate" font is also sticky-outy and doesn't gel so well.

Your CI's seem the best, composition and blending-wise, so keep up the prettiness! :D

Hey Amanda, Alishya here with your requested critique. :D I sincerely sorry for having you to wait. RL is in the way, but I got around it for now. :creepy:

So... I'm going to address the main problem you're having here. :unsure:

Text. :humph:

Text... text,text... text, text, text... :blegh:

Text is the enemy of all artists. I mean literally. We have battlegrounds and armies against each other. :sean:

While I can give you advice on text, in the end, it's you who have actually take the time to experiment. :ermm: Because that's what we all have to do. :/

So here I go. :yes:

1.) You use a lot of small sized text which makes it hard to read and mostly throw off the flow of the graphics. :kitty:

2.) You also make all the words the same size which you shouldn't do. :no:

General Rules of Text:

A.) - Main text: The main text is where you choose one word that you want to emphasize to get your point across. The main text is the one you'll make bigger in size. The general size of the main text is like 36+ - depending on the font and the type of graphic you're making. Plus, the main text would be - at times - would be fancy like... something scripty/cursive. It brings more interest to the graphic when you use font like that. It doesn't have to be all the time, but with most of your graphics, it's best to use fancy-like font. :dumbles:

B.) Quotes &//Other words to title: Quotes and or additional words to your main text, you'd use simple font like Times New Roman, Serif, Arial Georgia etc. The size of them will range between 6-12, again depending on the graphic type and font. You'd have to play with the sizing a bit to make sure it looks right. :queen:
C.) Colored Text: Like I said before, in some graphics of your graphics you have the text matching and in others you don't. Always match the color of the text with the background or something similar to the color of your graphic. You can use the Color Picker Tool (that looks like a tub dripping liquid in the tool box) and click on the color of your base and then click "okay" in order for it to show in the text coloring options when you open it up. :caren:

D.) One of the many things should avoid is redundancy. Too much repetition shows that you're afraid to do other things. So with text, you really gotta put you're all into this. You gotta show em who's boss because text is the enemy of all artists. So if ever struggle with text, you're not alone in that area. :humph:

Check out these tutorials +here, +here, and +here to get a better understanding with text. :whistling:

You have the potential, but there are other problems that I noticed with your graphics and if you can work on that, than you'll be off from the mother nest. =^D

Your banners for example, you make your people really small. :laugh: I mean there's nothing wrong with that. But at times, it looks awkward with you have so much space in your banners. Try to utilize the space you have. And I don't mean fill out completely, but like with you having so much space, you should make your text big. Not huge, but big enough to be seen.

If your people was big, then you could use medium to like small sized font. Depending on how much room the graphic has. :mellow:

Also, try to switch things up. Experiment in other words. Make one person small and the other big. Do more than two people. Because like I said before, repetition will hold you back.

Looking at your signatures, you're still following a repetition. You center your people and sometimes the text. Switch thing like I previously said.

In the second signature set, you need to be careful with colors of the girl and guy's skin. They don't match, so make sure to look over your graphic before you upload it. Cover your eyes for like half a minute and see if there's any little errors that you missed that needs fixing. You don't want any obstacle in your way - you want to move forward.

Work on the text as well... Remember what I said up there. ^^^ :ph34r:^^^

Your CI's range from being good to still work needs to be done.

Your first one is alright, but your second one, the girl is taking up so much room that you're practically squeezed the guy and the text in which makes them look awkward. There's nothing wrong with making one of em big, but you still want to give your canvases some room air to breathe. So watch how you utilize your space. :icecream:

I like the rest of your chapter Images. Especially +this one. Although, with +this CI, the text isn't readable. Yeah, text. Annoying indeed. :headdesk:

Your icons are good. Make more. Try to make cuts with your favorite tv show or movies. Practice with models and textures and using text. :pirate:

Others... good. You're blending is superb... though, the coloring is way too strong. Like in the Digest header, the coloring and brightness really hurts my eyes and it has no contrast. You can always work with curves.

A few more things before I conclude this critique...

I have never seen someone make icons at of mostly every graphic canvas...

Not that I'm saying that is bad... I say that's pretty cool and unique of you to do it. (^=

Additionally, you save your work in jpg version. Don't. To get the higher quality of images, save it in png. ;^)

And check out these tutorials listed below for further assistance.

+Here, +this, +click, +here, and +this one.

Feel free to message me if you ever need any clear up on anything you don't understand or need more help with. (:

Look forward to your progress. ^_-

~ Asphodel

Thank you so much!!!

Yeah. Text apparently hates me. It has ever since day one of starting to use photoshop. Don't know why, but it does.

Gonna take all that crit and put it to good use!!!

Hi there and welcome to TDA! :)

Before your gallery can be approved, please read this topic about gallery rules+. You need to put the date of your last gallery update in the topic description. You can do this by clicking on 'edit' at the bottom right of your post, then clicking 'use full editor' and typing the date in the 'topic description' bar.

You also need to include a credits list to make sure you credit the makes of your resources and that nothing you use goes against the copyright rules here+.

For more information on making a credits list, please see this topic+.

Also, you need 5 posts on the forums before you can be moved up to member artist status :happy:

I see that you still have no credits list. This needs to be done so that your gallery isn't graveyarded.

Hi fellow MA!

I just wanted to say that since you've popped up on the forums, I've seen a definite improvement in your graphics. Specifically with your composition and blending :)

I'm saying that based off of your GoT banners in the Fantasy Challenge (which you don't have in your gallery yet so alas, am too lazy to link to)

Keep going and improving!!

Char

Omg! Thank you so much! You're my first random non critique comment on my gallery!!!

You get free cookies and hugs!

:)

Heyyyyyyy there!

I just wanted to stop in and tell you that I saw THIS+ in the Challenge boards and thought it was to die for beautiful<333

Im actually kinda worried about my entry now XD

I also really love THIS+ CI, the hard cutting us amazing, and the text contrasts beautifully with the base!
I know a little about Photoshop, actually I know alot more about GIMP, but I do most of my text work and my coloring in photoshop,

so if you ever need help, Id be willing to do so :)
See you around,
Delly

Omg! Thanks. :D

Yeah. I can't believe that challenge entry turned out so good. Literally was so proud of myself. ALMOST went around squeeing. Lol.

Thanks. :D That's actually one of the first CI's that I put up. Whim's are great. :D

I know NOTHING about GIMP. I had heard of it before I even started with Photoshop, but decided to go with Photoshop because a friend had suggested it. Then later on when I met a photographer friend of mine he had told me to look into Lightroom, which I only use on my photography pictures, but is amazing because of all the presets!!!

I'll definetly shoot ya a PM if I need some help. :) Same goes both ways though. If ya need a suggestion or even just want to talk I'm all for it. :)

AmandA

Hey, It’s Zi from the Crit Thread! Let’s get started shall we? I’m going to go through your gallery by graphics then return to do an overall crit. Kay ?

BANNERS

So your banners mostly lack a focal point. Your text is huge and so is a face directly next to it and quite honestly I don’t know where to look first! You’ve demonstrated the skill of creating a focal point in your first banner, I immediately stare at the girl in the center then to the b&w girl, but after that I have to force my eyes towards the text. We generally look at people and text first, and since The center girl was largest, I looked at her, the direction in which she was looking assisted me to look towards the smaller girl. If you placed the text next to the smaller girl the graphic would flow more smoothly Does that make sense? I would also check out some more coloring tutorials especially about gradient maps. Plus check out tuts on composition such as: +So Much’s Tips on Composition and Base-Making

SIGNATURES

Mostly these are really great graphics, In your Goodbye Brittany Sig, the smaller quote (Avril Lavigne’s Wish You Were Here is amazing!) is a bit distracting. IDK, maybe it’s just me…

In your why won’t you love me sig, the girl’s head is cut off awkwardly, and the word ‘love’ is difficult to read

Third Sig, awkward blonde hair on the left end…

Last sig, mess around with the text…make it pop more… By the way good focal point, the large guy’s eyes lead to the text which is also placed near the dancing couple.

CHAPTER IMAGES

So the first CI is amazing!!!! But generally we make text a color that matches the graphic, to do this use the eye dropper tool to choose a color right off of the canvas.

Second chapter Image, the blending is awkward because the girl’s hair is transparent, And the text needs work…

Third CI, is near perfect, again mess around with the text

Fourth CI, it seems as though the girl has been blended in to a different image, that should not be so, work around with the text

Fifth, The text needs a lot of work

ICONS

Your icons have great cuts but they seem over contrasted…

MISC

Okay these are your best graphics, I love the Jennifer banner thing It’s well blended and the text is magnificent.

Everything here is great!

Only thing to say is to be careful not to oversaturate like in the TITANIC Image, the blue is too strong.

OVERALL

So you need to work on your coloring, blending, composition, and text, which is basically everything. With a good grasp of these concepts, you should be able to create amazing graphics, I would head to the tutorial center and check out some of the technique specific tuts, trust me they were so helpful, the full graphic tuts also help in learning new methods of coloring. I also have a challenge for you: Try using more stock, you have a lot of textures in use, stock is harder to blend but if you never try then you’ll never learn, keep practicing, hope I wasn’t too harsh and if you’re confused about anything feel free to PM me, and I’ll try and re-explain it. J

Love, Zi

@ Zi

Thank you so much for critique!!! I love it. :D I know some people don't like it, but the way I see it when you hear what someone has to say about your graphics good OR bad it can help you to be better at what you do!!!

One thing is for sure. Since I joined this forum I have gotten INSANELY better at doing graphics than before. It's crazy. I was telling someone today that I wished I had found out about this place sooner. >.<

@Willow

Thank you, dear! :D <3

Yeah simplicity is sometimes the best thing to go for. :)