The Dark Arts
Photoshopfreak

Mother of Dragons

amanda.....i sorta feel like you might think i'm stalking you :P but really i just absolutely adore everything you create. your talent is infectious and makes me want to graphic and graphic and graphic and never stop until i achieve something remotely close to your greatness.

so here we have this+ full of hard cuts and simplicity and the things that i dream of ^^

and DARYL+ oh daryl how i love you more than anything!!!!!! and i love amanda for making you look even better and more sexy and elusive than usual ;)

what even is this+ animation? what dreams are made of, that's what.

this+ blend!!!! the composition is to die for! it's so simple. but i could never in a million years come up with something like this! GOSH it's phenomenal.

....i'm running out of adjectives to shower upon you....

urgh and i love this+ and i love this+ and how dreamy and flowy and a little grungy they both are.

forget about the fact that Wham! is life, but this+ is really the simplest thing i've ever seen. and yet...i could never come up with something so crisp, so clean, and so perfectly composed.

never stop, amanda!

xx Alison <3

Amanda!!!!

Look idk if i've ever mentioned how much I lurk your stuff, but I honestly love how you make graphics so much. I think it's mostly you just have this really, really good ability to have complicated or unorthodox comp and still make your graphics super pretty - and then you fit text around it so well, honestly i wish I had that ability. And just honestly the sheer volume of things you manage to make it's amazingg, I love seeing your new things in the pylc and how much goes into your gallery and how everything is so unique and pretty but still your style. I honestly just adore everything you make - your sigs especially, are some of my fave sigs, and your ability with CI's is just soo good honestly, your 'wrap' CI had me staring for ageees, just in how well you pulled it off.
Alwaaays make more and I will be lurking always too <33

- Hannah

HOLY COW. All you people...

@ Yuki : Thank you so much! I use to be HORRIBLE at text too. Like. One of the worst. I swear!

@ Bex : Thanks pretty lady! You make great blends though! I've seen your recent one and I love it. :P

@ Vee : I about lost it with that gif and kept laughing!! Lol. Thank you so much! The Bad Blood banner is one of my faves actually!!! It was for a lyrical mash up challenge on another site. I used Bad Blood ( of course ) and a song called Air by a local band that I know. :)

@ Vanya : Thank youuuuuu!!! I guess I should do a tut at some point with text, but it's so basic with what I do. >.< Idk. I might to a tut at some point. :)

@ Alison : GIRL. You are more than welcome to stalk my gallery. If it is going to give you inspiration and keep you motivated... JUST DO IT. Lol. That's what I did and sometimes even STILL do! Thank you so much pretty lady! <3 Keep being awesome!

@ Hannah : I don't think you have! But to be honest I have totally lurked yours before too!!!! Thank you for the compliments! And I am completely flabbergasted at everyone loving my text!!!! It's so awesome though!!!

How did you get so good over the last few months ? I must admit I liked your work before, but not as much as I love it now! I absolutely love what you've been doing with your compositions and your use of texture/stock is phenomenal <3 My faves would be the first two signatures, first three banners and the first two blends (which just proves your newest work is perfection lol) Keep up the amazing work and I'll be back soon to stalk you ^_^

vany <3

@Vany : Seriously I don't even know!!! It actually doesn't even make any sense at all since I've been so hella busy with kids and what not. So I have no idea. I guess sometimes when inspiration strikes... it strikes hard! :P

@Avery : Thank you so much!!! I've been slacking recently in even making anything. BESIDES colorizations. Lol.

Guest Icarus.

Hello Amanda! You are basically a graphic goddess so I'll give it my best try to give you crit. xD Here we go!! (feel free to disregard anything i say :P)

Your graphics are all awesome!! The colouring, comp, everything is on point. The text in this sig+ is a bit difficult to read. Also, I suggest erasing a bit of the texture from the biggest girl's face. Super cool comp though. On this sig+, I suggest moving the far left girl a bit more to the left so we can see her eye and erasing a bit of the yellow parts on the big main girl. In this CI+, the bottom right is very blue, but the other side is white and empty, so there's a bit of an imbalance. I would either get a soft blue brush and brush over the left or get a soft white blush and brush over the right a bit. This is just what I would do obviously. xD On this CI+, I would erase a bit of the texture over the bigger Willa HOlland because the texture makes her look a bit lq and grainy, unless that was the effect you wanted. ^_^ I remember seeing in PYLC once that you made this banner+ all out of icon textures? THat's amazing! The comp on the banner is fantastic. I see a bit of jagged stuff under the chin of the big girl, which looks a bit strange. Unless that was on purpose? xP I think you should move the small girl on the far right in front of the T. This+ is brilliant too, but I would move the middle purple box with the text 'I never meant to brag' a bit upwards so Katherine's forehead doesn't look awkwardly cut off. I think this banner+ is super cool, but I can't read the text. :/ I think you should add a drop shadow so that it's easier to read. :)This+ is amazing! I love the song too ^_^ I suggest erasing a bit of texture from the biggest Cara's face, because the lines look a bit wonky. On this blend+, the hard cut of top girl looks a bit jagged, so I would use a smudge tool on low settings to smooth it out. Love the comp on this blend+, but there's a bit of a blue halo thingy near the girls' hair, so I suggest using an small eraser on low opacity and erase that :)

HOpe this was helpful, but feel free to ignore everything! :silly:

Yay! Thank you for the awesome crit! Hey. Even the best artists STILL have room to grow. :P

Also. I'm awesome cause I reply really late... CURSE YOU REAL LIFE!!! Lol.

Hi Amanda! What an incredible gallery you have! Your style has evolved into something beautiful, interesting, unique, and totally wonderful! :wub: I really like what you're doing, and I look forward to seeing more lovelies from you soon! Keep being awesome! :)

Hi Amanda,

I've seen you around quite a bit and now that I've finally taken the leap into the graphics world, I thought I'd take some time to get to know the different members on this site and what they do. Your gallery is the first staff gallery I've visited and that's mainly because of how much I've been loving the graphics you've posted lately. Your use of bright colors is phenomenally good. Anyway, that lead me here to see what else you have and let me just say I was not disappointed. Your gallery is stunning from top to bottom. I usually try to pick a favorite when I leave a comment, but I legitimately don't even know where to start.

So I can keep this somewhat organized and because you have so much stuff, I'm going to go category by category.

Signatures: this is my favorite signature because of the way you've made the woman's face so incredibly creepy. I'm not sure how you did it, but she still looks pretty and yet, inhuman at the same time. The textures were really nicely used. At first it isn't immediately obvious that there's a skull, but on closer inspection, I noticed that texture and thought it was a nice touch.

CIs: this is my favorite of the CIs. The red really stands out and I love all the different texturing that you used.

Banners: these I squeed these the other day because they are just so striking. The mix between the greyscale and the bright vibrant colors is really eye catching and the banners are so well constructed. I love the stock use and the way you placed everything. Possibly some of my favorite banners on the site.

Icons: Here honestly, this was probably the hardest category for me to pick a favorite in because all of your icons are so good. I think your style is the most distinct in this particular area. Like even though each set is different in terms of colors and characters, I can definitely tell that you made them all. The one that I ended up picking stood out to me because of the way the character popped off of them with her bright red hair.

Blends: Here So I know very little about the technical aspect of blending, so you'll have to forgive me for not using all of the proper terminology, but something about this image is so captivating. The pictures you chose of Sansa, particularly the one that's framed is so beautiful against the greenery and I love the little idyllic scene that you've created with it. The thing that's most impressive to me is that I can't really tell where one image begins and the next ends. Like I know that's the point of blends, but a lot of the time I can still distinguish the different pieces. Not in this. It's like they all belonged together.

Colorizations: This While this isn't perhaps the most natural of hair colors, I was really drawn by just how striking it is. Like even though I know hair doesn't really come in a color quite that bright, this picture convinces me that it should. (Wonders if my hairdresser can die my hair that shade...)

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that your work is fantastically beautiful and I hope you don't think I'm a complete weirdo for leaving you such a long, gushing comment, but I truly am blown away by just how pretty everything you've made is. Truly great job. (Totally not going to stalk your gallery from now on. :blink: )

:hug:

~Kaitlin

@ Andra : THANK YOU, LOVE!!! :) It's always nice getting a comment from you.

@ Kaitlin : Oh my, wow. Thank you for the amazing post!! You can stalk all you want. Though lately I haven't even hardly made anything! *Cries.* Life has been crazy busy lately. I'm glad you really enjoy my work though! It took me a while and a lot of self teaching to get where I am today.

Again. Thank you so much for the amazing comment. It completely means the world to me!!!! :glomp:

Hello!

You gallery is so beautiful! Your compositions are STUNNING. They are so creative and thoughtful!

I also cannot get over how beautiful your icons are, especially these.

Your colorings are also so beautiful!

lroN20a.gif

Hey Amanda!

Dropping by to leave a bit of holiday love on your gallery!

I’ve told you before how much I adore your style and that still holds true. I love the way you play with bright colors, particularly against really dark mono. Everything in here is just really solid and lovely.

One of my favorites sections is your icons. I love how well you use texture and how creative your comp is on each of them. I find making cool icons so difficult just because it’s such small space, so I’m really amazed at the complexity of yours. I also love the rainbow of colors in your icons. Each one is so bright and different.

Your Under It All CI is another highlight for me. The reds and oranges on that are so lovely and the texture use and comp is perfect. I love how you play with different comp on your text too.

Wishing you a happy holiday and a new year filled with joy! :hug:

~Kaitlin

Wow. Just call me Mrs. Late....

I've been MIA. ;/

Thank you so much!

I used to hate doing icons SO FREAKING MUCH.... now that's probably because WAY BACK WHEN I first started doing graphics all I ever did was icons... Lol.

Thank you so much for the warm compliments! It always means so much to mean hearing from everyone! <3

Amanda! I haven't been on TDA in ages, and it was so cool to come into your lovely gallery and see everything you've been doing. Your work is so interesting and creative, and I just love it all!

Awwww. Thank youuuuuu!

I've done a few more things but it's been for people on Twitch. And birthday presents!