diamond.snow

{ without w o r d s }

First!

Sammeh you have progressed so much since you first started out that it is unbelievably amazing. I am so proud of you. <3 Your signatures are amazing and your banners are beautiful. I don't know why you keep telling me you're awful, there is absolutely nothing awful in here sweetie!

Love you!

K x

Edited by affinity

Oooh new gallery *pokes* Shinyyyy. So many pretty graphics. I love your CIs and your banners, and that Clarry blend is just gorgeous <3

~Ruth

Sammeh! A new gallery!

I really actually love your signatures! That Lady Took one is so soft and lovely :)

The only thing I can tell you is that maybe experiment with your composition in banners? They're absolutely lovely but the text is all in the same place in all of them :P maybe just mess around with it a little.

Everything looks really good though!

xx.

Sammeh!

SOOO PRETTY

Ahhh I just wanna cry when I look at your banners .. Especially the last one

Okay. I am going to go before I explode.

So prettyyyy

-Janelle

Wow! It's great that you made you a new gallery - and it's looking shiny and bright! :angel:

Keep it up! I'll be back soon! :D

- Asphodel

A new gallery! :D Yay!

Everything is so beautiful. Especially those banners and that big blend at the bottom. :hearts: I love your style and everything about your graphics! And you're improving a lot as well! I can't wait to see even more. :) Update soon!

yay sammeh has a new gallery! :dumbles: everything is v pretty and somehow you can use both textures and stock so well??? how

I must be the latest person on earth. .________.

But, your gallery title! :dumbles: It had me squeeing, really. :wub: Your graphics have been getting better with each one you make, and I love everything that you make to death. <33 Keep making your pretty graphics!

Katie! my love. You always have to be first huh? :* I just want to thank you though, because without you telling me I was getting better and saying I should keep practicing I doubt I would have made it this far - I'd have gave up long ago, so thank you for all your support bby. <3

Ruth~ hee hee, thank you lovely. :3 Those are the ones I seem to make the most of anyway. xD

Ariel~ hi love, thanks, I was kinda iffy about that one but I think it turned out alright. Homg, I know I don't know how to text in banners so they usually just go in the safe spot i do now. I'll try and work on that though. e_e Thanks for stopping by!

Janelle~ please don't cry. D: but thank you. I don't want to be the reason you exploded. Stay whole! Thanks for stopping by!

Alishya~ gurrrl thanks for stopping by!

Daisy~ Hee, yes a new gallery. ^_^ But eee, thanks I thought I was terrible with banners but seems like everyone thinks they look pretty good. Thank you! I don't know what my style is but I'm glad you like it xD

Enna~ Thaaaaank you. I don't know about that. XD I mostly use textures, I'm pretty sure I stink at stock but experimenting is always good for us, huh?

Eva~ Nah, you aren't. Thanks for stopping by! Froooooozeeen, I might be a little obsessed with it. Maybe. I'm so glad you think so and I will!

Hey Sammeh! I'm here with your requested critique!

First of all, your blends and CIs are AWESOME. They're so gorgeous omg :loves: I can't do blends to save my life, so I'm so so jealous. I love how striking +this is and +this is just straight-up perfection.

Ok, so first the general stuff. I think that your sigs are your weakest graphics, mainly because of image quality issues as well as repetetive comp and coloring. Almost all of them have red/yellow coloring and a large-ish girl in the center. Try incorporating more stock, people, or objects to help expand your range in your gallery.

Your icons have great cuts! Just make sure you watch out for blurry or overly sharpened icons. You can tell if it's oversharpened if you see jagged edges in hair, arms, face, etc. Go through with a the blur tool on a small fuzzy brush with low strength after you've filtered. This helps give you more control of what stays sharp and what doesn't.

You mentioned that lack of focal points is a weak spot for you. I don't think that's necessarily the case, but I think that you're not creating focal points where you want them. A lot of your focus ends up on your text as opposed to on your people, and while that's not necessarily bad, it's not always great either. The best way to figure out where your focal point is in your graphic is to close your eyes, count to five, and open them. The first thing your eyes fixate on is your focal point. If you focus on anything that isn't a person, object, or text, then you don't have a focal point and you need to go back and fix it. If you focus on a person/object/text that isn't your intended focus, go back to the base and play with the comp and coloring until you get your desired effect. Ta-da!

I unfortunately don't know much about GIMP, so I can't give you too many pointers on coloring since I don't know what you can do with it. However, there is an entire section dedicated to GIMP in Tutorial Central, so that is a really great place to get some ideas on what the different tools are and how you can use them to change up your coloring. One thing that I think will help with your over-all coloring is to prep your models a bit before you start your graphic. A lot of the ones in your current graphics are a bit flat, which kind of brings down the graphics as a whole (they're still great, they're just not as great as they could be). +This is an excellent tutorial that shows you just what a difference a bit of image prep makes in the quality of your graphics. Definitely look at it and try to apply some of the techniques to your graphics and see what happens.

Lastly, make sure to avoid "liver failure face" - when your person is so yellow they look like they're really sick. You've done a pretty good job of staying above that line, but there are a few here and there that are close. +This one definitely crossed the line - Stiles looks like a cast member of the Jersey Shore lol :P Just watch out for it in the future.

All in all, I think you are doing a fabulous job so far! Keep practicing and experimenting, and read as many tutorials as you can to figure out everything GIMP has to offer. Hopefully this was somewhat helpful to you, but if it wasn't (or was too harsh), please let me know! And as always, I'm around if you ever need help or have any questions. I can't wait to see what you have in store for TDA!

SAMMEH! I'm not sure if you remember me but I definitely remember you being around and posting in the PYLC thread when I used to be more active here.

I'm not sure if I ever commented here and if I didn't, I'm sorry!

And you are a gimp user which makes you ten times better! :silly:

Gimp users unite! Like we have to stick together. :tongue:

Anyway, I'm getting carried away. CONGRATS ON THE PROMO! :hug:

I really like your blends and those chappies are smashin'! :loves: :loves:

Enjoy your new shade of blue!

congratsfeb_zps3389131d.png

~Sama

congrats on the promo! I love your gallery and I love your style :loves:

KuZgDeX.png

promo.png

hi sam you're great and you have a developing style so i'm jealous because what is style

congrats on the promo! HERE HAVE SOME SPONGEBOB 8DDDDD

Sammehhhh! I realised that I've been super terrible and have been stalking your graphics for a long long time! But, thats not the bad part- the terrible part is that I never even left a comment! Anyway, I cant really crit you, so I'm going to squee!

First of all, what is up with that super fantabulous colouring?!!:! That bow down to calico is sooooooo gorgeous!!!! :D tHE COLOURING AND THE LIGHTING IS NOT NATURAL!!!! Meaning, of course, that's its perfect, and I thought no one was prefect? My life has been a lie D: *gross sobbing* And that love ci!!!! THE COMP AND FILTERING IS AMAZINGGG! And your comp is like, perfect!

Anyway, what i really came here to say was, congrats on the promoooo! :D

-Curie :glomp:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on the P R O M O T I O N! :yahoo:

I knew you were going to get it. Your graphics are incredible and you're improving really fast as well! I love everything in your gallery to death and I am so jealous of your skills.

y9K9cx4.gif

Make more things please! :D

Daisy~