The Dark Arts

How Did You Hear About The Dark Arts?

Where Did You Hear About The Dark Arts?  

1510 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Every site asks it, but now I am because i've noticed a lot of new registrations, over the past month or so, that have obviuosly photoshopped before :P That's not something we see a lot around here, so i'm curious as to where the lot of you are coming from :)Fic

Edited by starbuck.

I remember when it was inthe midst of being formatted, I would see posts about it on the old HPFF forums. Once it was up, I joined right away, requested a couple banners, while practicing making (horrible) banners at the same time. Within a month of it's opening, someone (I believe it was Janelle) was going to be on hiatus, and was looking for a couple new staff members (this is back when it consisted of melihobbit, TomRiddle, Chica, etc), and since I was making baners rabidly, I was asked to join. :P

Guest Midnight Cityscape

Heh, I was a member briefly on the old s7 board ... before it moved and I wondered where the chatbox went. :P

I heard about it on HPFF, when I was looking around in the FAQs, read about acquiring a banner, and found a link to the old boards. Curious (with no idea what a forum was :P), I joined for fun ... and that's my story. :)

I didn't find out about in on HPFF because I was slightly capable of making my own story banners, (even though they were loads of crap). Actually I was searching for a site that gave some quick info on dark arts magic because I was to lazy to skim through the HP books. It was for my fanfiction piece I was writing. The first thing I clicked was dark-arts.net and it brought me to this lovely place and since I was already was making graphics on the MNFF board forums, I figured I could join here too and it's been great ever since. :)

I had heard off it in hpff in ages before I decided to join. I really mean AGES. I'm not a person that sees a site I like and joins - just like that. It took a veeeeery long time before I finally decided to join. And as if that wan't enough, I used ages before I actually started to be active here. I didn't even request banners or anything. I just had a username and a password... and that was all. I even forgot about the place!

I can't remember why I did it, but for some reasons I clicket back on this page and finally remembered that I was a member here as well. And I went to my page where I keep all my personal information and found back to both password and username. AND HERE I AM! It was kind of a long story when you think about how long I knew of this place. Probably about the same time as HPFF annonced it. I have always been around at that site so... :)

Edited by Norway
Guest malfoy MAD

Well....my story is veryyyyyy long...here goes.....

I was on HPFF and I wrote on my summary of one of my stories that I needed a banner.

I got a review telling me about this great place.

So I joined, requested a banner and I always came back ever since. I have even started graphic making! Isn''t this place lovely! :)

The end....Ok, It wasn't such a long sory :P

Mine was also through HPFF. I used to spend a lot of time on the HPFF forums, and then I saw the section that linked to the Dark Arts. I made my own banners (*shudders*), and rather awful ones at that, myself and I hadn't even heard of the Dark Arts. I used to see on a lot of popular authors pages like TomFoolery etc who had images on their author pages like 'Need a banner for your story?...head on over to the Dark Arts', and I didn't really know what it was all about. But one day I took a chance and signed up...glad I did too. :)

I was like Xuan, I had no idea about graphics, or forums, things like that...Used to be a bit of a lurker too, before I signed up. :P

Edited by hpphoenix

I wanted a banner for my story, because I saw a whole bunch of pretty banners on HPFF, so I went searching for a link to the site where people can make banners, and I found it somewhere on HPFF (Dunno where) and joined on the s7 boards in like June or something, I beleive.

I didn't make my own graphics for a while though, and didn't ask to become a Graphics Artist until September. I just entered a few challenges here and there and requested banners of my own, and gawked at everyone elses.

:rolleyes:

Guest Ondine617

How did I find this site? Hmmm... that's a good question. So good in fact I forget. All I recall is that it wasn't one of the sites listed above.

If I remember I'll edit it into this post...

Edit: Okay I think I've got it now. I found BitterEpiphany's Cheeky Graphics page. After using it for a while I noticed that it had a longish url, signaling to me that there was more site somewhere. I got rid of the end of the url, shortening it to just bitterepiphany.com, and found a link to the Dark Arts from there. That was early December 2005. I lurked around for almost two monthes when I finally decided to sign up, and I'm glad I did. ^_^

Edited by Ondine617

Mine's the same as most people :) I was a meber at HPFF and saw all the wonderful banners over there, then (somehow - i can't remember where or how) I found myself here requesting banners for my stories. This was near the very end of the s13 board.. and I started making graphics around November '05 ;)

Guest depressiOn -- x3

Pretty much the same as everyone else -HPFF. ^_^

It was mainly through all the gorgeous banners I spotted with the stories -they all seemed to lead back here, lol. So, one day, I lurked over here and just sort of.. sat back watched everything for a while. I then spotted some tuts I thought were easy enough to follow and ta-da! I've been here ever since.

^_^

Guest TheEnchantedQuill

Embarrassing that I was the only one who picked Deviant Art. I found a link in some one's profile and just came here to request a graphic. When I saw the tutorials available, I went out and bought PSP8 and here I am now ^_^

Guest invisible_spirit

through HPFF. i remember seeing one of melihobbit's banners and went "WHOA" and i started requesting from her. i got kinda inspired and started here, but it wasnt until a few months later when i actually really started. ^_^

Guest 0015_jaja_1500

haha yea same, through hpff... heehee

i made my own banners.. but they were AWEFUL!!! then i saw KimMalfoy's banners and TomFoolery's and i just knew i HAD to request from them... In Tomfoolery's author's page was an image link through here... it says "Need a banner for your story"?? heeeheee but that was last year... i was a little bit scared to ask and i was so confused on HOW to, that i registered but didnt use my account...

Then i cam back earlier this year but i had to register again since the site moved... and now yeah here i am heehee... but i never did get to request from KimMalfoy or TomFoolery heehee oh well..

Edited by 0015_jaja_1500