The Dark Arts

How Did You Hear About The Dark Arts?

Where Did You Hear About The Dark Arts?  

1510 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I honestly can't remember how I found this place. I believe I was searching through Google for graphics or tutorials. I my own graphics and coding for an RPG board I am working on. I have followed a couple of tutorials here and it has helped me get better in Photoshop. I hope I can start posting the work I have done.

I was around back during the days of Pandora's Closet, and was introduced to this website through someone from those old forums. Now, PC's been closed for a few years, and RC&R isn't that active anymore either. I'm currently majoring in Communications Media, Digital Imaging and Graphic design in college, so I figured I'd come back and give it a try. :)

Well... I've hung around on HPFF for a while and I did observe that everyone had these pretty banners, but I didn't know where they came from... I saw that they all said 'banner by suchandsuch @ TDA' but did not know what that stood for.

Then my dear friend Vicky (bathtub.) kept talking about this mysterious 'teedeeay' when we were chatting IRL (what? TDA members have real-life friends?), and then at some point I made the connection, and found the link on the side bar on HPFF and I finally knew what 'TDA' stood for, and it all became clear.

And then I came here and saw the pretties and with some threats bribes encouragement from Vicky, I made an account and have been hanging about ever since.

YAY ME!

Like everyone else, I found this place through HPFF WAY back sometime between 2005-2007. I can't even remember the exact date or even month back then, just that it was in that range. I was into fanfiction more than RP and graphics, and I was writing TONS of crap HP fics, certainly none that I ever kept, :P

I started dabbling in graphics through here, lurked around a bit, and then one day I just kinda disappeared off the face of it! :o And then, just today, I came back, made a new account, and I'm hoping to stay around a bit longer than I did last time, xD I'm just kinda terrible at keeping up with these things sometimes. <3