The Dark Arts
amoretti

The Daily "Squee" Thread

Has something good happened to you today? Something you just need to scream and shout about or something you just need to get off your chest? Have you passed your driving test? Have you passed an exam? Did you witness a random act of kindness? Anything!

With the aim of spreading positive vibes through TDA, this is the thread for you! :)

So, what good things have happened to you today? What has made you smile?

please remember no personal information and no spamming - discussion is fine (and encouraged), one word posts aren't!

Edited by amoretti.

today is FRIDAY! squeeeee!

and tomorrow I'm taking my driving test so hopefully I'll be back to squee some good new :P

Edited by amoretti.
good luck, vee <333 -jordan

MY TWITTER FEED CAN BE SO LEFT WING SOMETIMES, IT HURTS. I follow mostly English Doctor Who fans (with the occasional exceptions), and most of them support Labour and many think that the SNP is the best thing since sliced bread - personally, I don't see it yet. I get really angry internally sometimes. Maybe my views on the left will change when the next opposition leader takes charge, but I'm not convinced...I mean, is there any hope for a party that elected Ed Miliband? I swear I didn't just accidentally type 'a party that elected Nicola Murray' no definitely didn't happen. Talking of which, I'm so having my long-planned for rewatch of The Thick Of It this weekend. If I can find time in my hectic schedule of Doctor Who and Wentworth Prison rewatches. OMG.

Mum's off all weekend as of 6pm on Friday (woo), so we're having Doritos and dips and then a Chinese later on, lush. Gonna paint my nails a pretty colour, maybe dye my hair (pls, I have roots and I think I'm starting to go grey I'M ONLY 23 THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING TO ME)

See, I can do positive.

But only after a rant.

On the positive side of twitter, my feed is often just pictures of Jenna Coleman and Peter Capaldi, which makes a nice change from that one person who constantly complains about Iain Duncan Smith.

Also, I'm really into cherries and apples rn. As fruit goes, they're both lush. And I've lost weight. Not much, but I have.

Let us away to the land of nod. Because 2am.

welp, i'm changing to a new school and from the flyers and the students from councils, it's a good school!

Yay, I'm so excited that I bought a bunch of stationeries despite the fact that I knew that I will lost (half of them) all the time and I will never use them all.

Well, you can't never have too much stationeries. Everytime I buy a new bag of stationeries I smile a little, then I cringe, 'cause I remember that i will probably lost half of them anyway...

Edited by et cetera

I got a job! I'm so happy that I got one so quickly after coming back from Australia. And it's something completely different from what I'm used to (it's in a bookies), so no more supermarkets for me. Yah!

And my kitten just jumped up onto the bed to say hello. She always make me smile. :D

YAY FOR TODAY BEING FRIDAY!!! Also..

My husband comes home tomorrow!!!! YAY I'M SO HAPPY AND EXCITED.

Means I can relax more and hopefully go into labor.... I mean I would like to go into labor.... so... extra warning. If I poof for a week or so it's because the new baby has arrived!

^YAY! so many happy things :D

5SOS' new single just came out! It's called 'She's Kinda Hot' and IT'S AWESOME AND IT'S MADE MY DAY :caren: :dumbles:

I have my geometry/trig exams today! And while that's not necessarily the best news, it means that after, I get to go to camp with my friends! :dance: I've been looking forward to this ever since summer started, so I'm really glad it's here and I won't have to see a cosine until school starts again.

YES! I have a new JOB!!!

-squee-

That is all. <3 I am so happy because it's a job I ACTUALLY WANT! :D SO YEAH. YAY! :D

eep, congrats on the weight loss. it's such a great feeling :3

i don't know if we're going on holiday this year, but if we do we're going camping in amsterdam in september. i love that city so much, i hope we do go back. we went a couple of years ago and i'm just eager. i love the place where we camp, a lovely site by the IJ, close to the centre, but also quite secluded, nice places to go walking, good rail links to other cities, etc. we ended up in a hotel last time bc we went in march and it was blooming freezing. still, we stuck a week in the cold before moving on. i say 'we' like it's a romantic break, but it's me and mum lol.

fancy dress party next saturday omg send help

i do quite enjoy the company of the people we're going to the party with though. i'm just really anxious about things like that. still, since i saw a psychologist for six months, it's a lot better.

jeez laura, this is supposed to be a happy things thread.

still, i participated in a discussion. that's a good thing.

i feel like i was waiting for the right moment but i finally got my transcript and the certificate so

I HAVE OFFICIALLY GRADUATED FROM UNI i am now, like, almost a proper adult or something??

everyone's got such good news whereas I feel like mine's really lame .-.

so I haven't been shopping in ages and I FINALLY GOT TO GET SO MUCH LIKE THIS FABULOUS SKIRT SRSLY GUYS LOOK AT IT I've wanted it since it first came out and after what feels like forever I finally bought it! '

As well, my cat went missing last night and bc he's an indoor cat we didn't think he'd be coming back but we found him a few hours ago!!!! Which is good news :D

^that skirt is gorg and worth every penny <33

mine are pretty lame buuut i finally rewatched and finished house and only cried a little :cry: i've been watching it for about a month and for 8 seasons thats not too bad lol

also i bought the new LE becca highlight collab with jaclyn hill and tbh it's the best thing in my life rn i'm a highlight junkie when it comes to makeup i just want to be a shimmering mermaid all summer so that has me super happy :loves:

^omg i love the idea of being a shimmering mermaid tbh i totally support it

my squee is ridiculous but i have real issues with crowds so i've avoided the carnival that happens in my town every year but this year i walked down with my dogs and it wasn't so bad even though there was lots of people and i was okay! also it's the first time i've been out for something other than work or food in a week or so which was nice and it's a really warm lovely day so I was very pleased!