The Dark Arts

Hiya, i'm fairly new here although i've heard of TDA before. I started making banners but for myself mostly except they turned out so badly or not the way i want them to so i want to learn to make decent and better ones, my favourite thing to make are icons they're fun and easy.

i'm jennifer (jen never jenny or jenna), twenty-one and i'm from the middle of nowhere in england

i should probably say that i'm looking to change my first name i just dont know what to yet

i've never properly got into making graphics, i've made a few back when i used to read fanfiction but i stopped reading them now i'm kinda slowly getting back into it. i've had ps (cs6) since 2012 but i use it mainly for gifs and the occasional icon.

sometimes i make tumblr themes

i'm in way many fandoms and get emotionally attached to fictional characters i miss allison argent, katherine pierce and elena gilbert so much

i think i will always be in the hp fandom because i've grown up watching and reading the series, i have recently been to the harry potter tour (took lots of snaps) and it was incredible and i'm going back soon

i watch more shows than i do movies but i'm watching teen wolf, the originals (im obsessed with this series), pretty little liars (even though its badly written im still watching it), htgawm (again im obsessed with this series as well, it's done so brilliantly and the cast are amazing) and a few other shows i cant think of

my other main fandom is 5sos, i've met them once before and ashton is my fave and i'm seeing them three times soon, i cant wait!

i love most things british

what else?

i have a tumblr if anyone wants to follow me there mariejeannevalets.tumblr.com

i dont know why its taken me so long to post this but hi, hello

hi!! welcome to tda i'm hannah ^_^ i am also from the middle of nowhere england! i hope you put up a gallery here, i'm sure you'd do really well and we have a tutorial section for you to look in and resources and all sorts of things.

also omg come talk to me about katherine pierce any time :|

but yes welcome! and if you have any questions or just want to chat drop me a message any time <3 otherwise i'm sure you'll settle in here nicely everyone is friendly and there's lots to do ^_^

Guest apsara.

Hi Jeniffer!

Welcome to TDA! I'm Rohini and I too am a fangirl who watches way too many shows :P

You love icons! How cool is that? Most of us here despair them (including me) lol. I would love to see your work! I hope you start a gallery soon :)

Once you have 5 posts, you can take a look around the Tutorial Centre, which has some really good tutorials and starter's tips for beginners. The Resource Arena is where you can find great textures and stock for your graphics.

If you need any kind of help- with either graphics or in navigating the site, or in general to talk about TV shows, don't hesitate to drop me a PM!

Hope you have a great time on this site!

Love,

Rohini

Hi Jen it's nice to meet you!! Welcome! I'm Scott and I've recently come back to the site. It's so good that it's hard to stay away!

I totally agree with you about icons! They're my favourite to make. And I'm also in too many fandoms and in love with too many characters!! You have good TV show taste as well!!

I followed you on tumblr as well if you ever wanna talk on there, too!

Hi scott, sorry for taking so long to reply been super busy and still finding my way around the forum

i'm glad i'm not the only one who loves making icons

i will follow you back on tumblr i'm just chaning my url for the 10th time aha

Hi Jen it's nice to meet you!! Welcome! I'm Scott and I've recently come back to the site. It's so good that it's hard to stay away!

I totally agree with you about icons! They're my favourite to make. And I'm also in too many fandoms and in love with too many characters!! You have good TV show taste as well!!

I followed you on tumblr as well if you ever wanna talk on there, too!

Hey rohini (i love your name)

thanks for the welcome i'm still getting used to replying and what not

i see that a lot either hate icons or love them

i really want to start a gallery but i'd like to make a few graphics first (banners/blends maybe?)

i also love animated banners they're really fun and i will defs check out the tutorials and resources on here i never know where to get the best textures from lol

Hi Jeniffer!

Welcome to TDA! I'm Rohini and I too am a fangirl who watches way too many shows :P

You love icons! How cool is that? Most of us here despair them (including me) lol. I would love to see your work! I hope you start a gallery soon :)

Once you have 5 posts, you can take a look around the Tutorial Centre, which has some really good tutorials and starter's tips for beginners. The Resource Arena is where you can find great textures and stock for your graphics.

If you need any kind of help- with either graphics or in navigating the site, or in general to talk about TV shows, don't hesitate to drop me a PM!

Hope you have a great time on this site!

Love,
Rohini

thank you!! i will post a gallery but i get half way through a graphic and end up hating it bleh

i watched a new tvd ep and its really not the same without nina and elena/katherine why is it still going? omfg

everyone is welcoming so that's always nice

thanks again <3

hi!! welcome to tda i'm hannah ^_^ i am also from the middle of nowhere england! i hope you put up a gallery here, i'm sure you'd do really well and we have a tutorial section for you to look in and resources and all sorts of things.

also omg come talk to me about katherine pierce any time :|

but yes welcome! and if you have any questions or just want to chat drop me a message any time <3 otherwise i'm sure you'll settle in here nicely everyone is friendly and there's lots to do ^_^

hi Jennifer! i'm Alison! welcome to tda :) definitely check out the tutorial center and the resource arena, and start entering challenges! they're a great way to practice. feel free to pm me anytime if you have questions or just want to chat. i use CS6 as well so i can definitely help with any program questions!

make a gallery when you feel ready, and definitely ask for lots of crit (check out the screening room in the critique corner) if you're feeling unsure about your graphics. everyone who offers crit in there is extremely helpful and great at pointing out strengths and weaknesses as well as giving constructive feedback. i'm happy to look at stuff of yours too, if you want!

also i LOVE PRETTY LITTLE LIARS. i haven't been watching since they've jumped into the future, because i felt so emotionally drained by the last A adventure....but i'm sure i'll be sucked back in :'D it's so hard to resist. i love it. i've been wanting to try out Teen Wolf, so i have to sometime soon :P

Hey, Alison. i will be sure to check out the tutorial center when i have the time hehe, not too sure about the challenges cos i wont get anything finished on time or i'll probably forget about it but i'll see. thank you and i defs will, i was actually wondering where the critique section was buuut i have made my first banner in a long time theres still a few things im not sure about but i will be sure to ask people on here

i've watched pll since the beginning and season 1/2-4 brilliant but season 5 - current have been a bit ~eh the s6 finale was brilliant though they just dont know how to properly explain the answers (leaving many plotholes!!! :unsure:) and for some reason they always leave it to the last minute to reveal stuff so its very um boring. its kind of the same w/ teen wolf the first few seasons are so great you get to meet all the characters and the humor is always there but recently the scenes have been so dark (literally) to see but theres still some humor lots of ships!!! :)

thanks again

hi Jennifer! i'm Alison! welcome to tda :) definitely check out the tutorial center and the resource arena, and start entering challenges! they're a great way to practice. feel free to pm me anytime if you have questions or just want to chat. i use CS6 as well so i can definitely help with any program questions!

make a gallery when you feel ready, and definitely ask for lots of crit (check out the screening room in the critique corner) if you're feeling unsure about your graphics. everyone who offers crit in there is extremely helpful and great at pointing out strengths and weaknesses as well as giving constructive feedback. i'm happy to look at stuff of yours too, if you want!

also i LOVE PRETTY LITTLE LIARS. i haven't been watching since they've jumped into the future, because i felt so emotionally drained by the last A adventure....but i'm sure i'll be sucked back in :'D it's so hard to resist. i love it. i've been wanting to try out Teen Wolf, so i have to sometime soon :P