theodosia

the adults are talking.

the adults are talking.

niki | photoshop cc | eighteen

-

slytherclaw. pukwudgie. plant mom.

the strokes. queen. frank ocean.

gilmore girls. the good place. sherlock.

-

new header coming soon. newest at the top.

— banners —

hobbit.png

angel-indoors.png

drarry-ship-c.png

meteor-garden.png

funny-girl.png

— vertical banners —

... im workin on this one

vertical comp is really hard 😞

— icons —

hc-trio.png

50gYxqO.png

— chapter images —

toujours-pur-v-2.png bad-moon-rising.png

— signatures —

sirius-sig.gif

hat-lady-2.png

— miscellaneous —

tgp-fan-mix-full.png

— credits —

(click)

Edited by theodosia

Guest apsara.

yay, first!!

Hey there Niki and welcome (back) to TDA! :)

i can see that you have some great skills going on here! Your icons are my favourite! the comp on them is FANTASTIC! actually, your comp in general is very dynamic and different on almost every graphic! i also think you work very well with monochrome, because all the monochrome graphics on here are really great- especially that sig!

right now, all I'd say is to experiment more with colouring, and give your graphics more contrast, because that adds a lot of depth and works wonders, really!

can't wait to see more graphics from you!

love,

Rohini :)

the queen rohini has stopped by my gallery :hide:

thank you very much!! it's nice to be back.

i'm surprised that you like my icons!! i had no idea what in the world i was doing whilst making them. they've always been my weak spot, so i'm glad my comp has gotten better on them! but i'll be sure to experiment more, and i'll make sure to try out higher contrast!!

thank you for your kind comment!! it means a lot :)

hi niki! i just wanted to stop by and say congratulations on your promotion!

i think you have a gorgeous start to your gallery, you have some beautiful banners and that sig is perfect :loves:

i really can't wait to see more from you <33

and also here have this little congrats gift from me ^_^

g49Vhv89.png

hey niki!
just came in to say congrats on the promo!
(also i approve of the header, david tennant is my absolute fave i love him to bits :wub: )

I can't wait to see what else you make, srsly - your blending skills are absolutely on point
(way more than mine were at JA level, srsly my blending skills were...interesting ahaha)
anyway, i've come to drop off a little promo gift!

L3ZlvDj.png

hi Niki! congratulations on your promotion! i can't wait to see more from you :) enjoy your new blue.

Bt9LB7S.png

16q7gfb.png

Hi Niki! First of all, hello! I don't think we've talked yet,

but I'm Katlynn and I'm here to congratulate you on your

promotion this month! Your graphics are excellent and I'm

sure we'll be seeing so many more great things from you

in the next coming weeks! Your icons are beautiful! I

can't wait to see what you come up with next. <3

- Katlynn

oh, wow! thank you all so much!

i did not expect to be promoted after just a month back, and i certainly didn't expect so many congratulations!

thank you guys for your sweet comments and compliments :)

U2qMKI7.png

congrats niki! great start to your gallery, I'm not at all surprised you were promoted.

can't wait to see more from you!

Edited by angelica.

U17ZY3Hz.png

hiya niki, congrats on the promotion!!

i'm in love with your icons; the set you made is stunning. :D

welcome to junior, and congrats on your new color!

Ok first of all, I love your header. David Tennant is awesome. :D

I really like your banners, I love your use of stock.

And congrats on the promo!

Hello niki!

Just wanted to drop a comment and say hi! ^_^

You have some great graphics in here and I really like your icons set. Such an amazing comp and beautiful use of textures :)

I'm really looking forward to see more of your graphics !

~ Cee <3

Hey Niki :) Here for your crit! (also just realized that you're the same person that I'm filling that wallpaper request for!) Really sorry that I'm about a day and a half late!

So right now I think that you may need more graphics in here to fill it out a bit more to be considered senior - not that you're not good enough yet, but it's hard to gauge your graphic making ability without seeing what you can do with chapter images and blends!

Anyway, I think you've got a very solid grasp on graphic making already. If that header is yours (at least I'm pretty sure it is) then it's def gorgeous!! I love the monochrome and the little pop of color with the cross. The lights and darks in the header also give it a ton of depth, just a beautiful header all around. You say comp is one of your weaknesses but I don't think it is - so far your comp skills are very good. Your Silky Blue banner has great comp, love the placement of the people and the base is pretty seamless as well. I'd maybe place the next a little bit closer to the middle, or maybe add a quote somewhere there, but otherwise it's great. The only graphic I'm not so sure about comp-wise is the magnolia banner. I think the guy behind the text is just a bit too small, and hard to make out, especially since the text is so big it's quite overpowering. In this case, the focal point is a bit muddled, I'm not sure if the main focus is supposed to be the guy or "Magnolia". I'd suggest trying some new and creative things with your comp - so far it's good but I think going out of the box a bit more would really take your graphics to the next level.

I don't think text is a weakness of yours, but I think it's a bit hit and miss sometimes. Like what I mentioned above with the "Magnolia" text, the text on the Kansas banner is maybe a bit too big, and sort of fights with the two guys as the focal point of the banner. I'd make it smaller and move it closer to Dean. For your icons, I think the text is absolutely spot on. Love how it sort of ties all the icons together, and I really enjoy the irregularity of the lines, I think it makes it look much more interesting. Text on the Chris Evans album cover is also perfect. Love the back cover especially, it's beautifully balanced and very minimalist but very pleasing to the eye. Great work on that graphic, one of my favourites in here. I also like that you did something more creative with the text on both your signatures, but for the the "Chang" is a bit hard to make out because it's black. In short, I'd watch out for some readability issues when it comes to your text. Also, because all three of your banners use very similar scripty fonts, it looks a bit samey? To break up that samey-ness it'd be great to make more banners with very different text so that your gallery comes across as more varied.

In terms of coloring, I think your coloring is generally really good (coloring on Puny God header and Chris Evans album cover are perfect and stunning) but on some of your other graphics it looks a bit undercolored and unfinished. Cho Chang sig to me looks a bit flat and undercontrasted, and the skin tones of the people on the Silky Blue banner look just a tad too red to me, but in general I think you've got a good understanding of coloring :) I'd suggest watching out for contrast and light/dark, the level of light/dark on your header is great!

Anyway, in conclusion, def make more! I think it's important for the admins to see that as a senior you're able to tackle all kinds of graphic types, so even if the size of blends really intimidate you, just go for it and see what turns out. Hope I helped, and please PM me if you have any questions!

cat, mini, cee, pheonixalthor; thank you all so much for your compliments!! it means a lot :)

eggie; ohmygosh thank you v much for that helpful crit!! the header is indeed mine, and i'm very glad that you like it! i wasn't very sure about it, because i was using some new techniques and styles i've never used before :( but thank you once again, and i'll be sure to watch out on what you mentioned! i'm trying to get more chapter images and blends in here currently, and i'll take what you said into account :happy: thank you again for your helpful advice!

7AfvJIQ.gif

Hi Niki! It feels like I was in here not too

long ago to congratulate you on your promo

to junior! I'm super happy to be back here to

congratulate you once again! You definitely

deserved this promo this month and I can't

wait to see what else you make! Congrats! <3

- Katlynn

Edited by arrietty.

hey, niki!! i just wanted to give you a big congrats on your promo!! :yahoo:
i love your gallery, my favorites are that header and your banners, just beauuuutiful :wub:
enjoy your new rank and color, hope to see you around the site :D
-ashley xo

BDo06H3.png

niki! congrats on your promo! very
well deserved ^_^ i'm in love with your
+fanmix, the simplicity and text and

pops of yellow are fantastic. also,

fantastic gallery layout and yass

slytherclaw :D

<3 cat

ps i super failed posting in here

last month and pasted in the wrong message

I'm so sorry!! pls forgive me

BCktj.png

ah congrats on your promo!! I love your banners so much! I wish i could banner like that! I love how unique your compositions are becoming! Can't wait to see more from you! <3