The Dark Arts
starbuck.

Bug/Issue Reports

due to the new software we are still figuring out some things so please report here any issues you encounter so we may tackle them asap!

I appear to be a doubly-wonderful moderator.

Which I am but I didn't think that needed to be on show. ;)

32 minutes ago, rock&roll! said:

I appear to be a doubly-wonderful moderator.

Which I am but I didn't think that needed to be on show. ;)

fixed!

Hi all - I'm so happy ya'll are back!!

Just a quickie (hopefully!). A few topics such as request forms are taking me back out to the offline message, just thought I'd let you know! I'm not sure whether it's me or a known issue :) 

3 minutes ago, ladymarauder85 said:

Hi all - I'm so happy ya'll are back!!

Just a quickie (hopefully!). A few topics such as request forms are taking me back out to the offline message, just thought I'd let you know! I'm not sure whether it's me or a known issue :) 

We need to update the links - thanks for reminding us! :)

^related to that, the links under Welcome! are the old ones (contact information etc)

This may be me getting over picky, but that's all I'm good at :P Some of these aren't really bugs, but just things it would be nice to have again. A lot are probably not priority, but I thought I'd post them while I thought of them

-In the mini profile next to posts, there should be a space after 'software' etc
-Is there a way get the option of a BBCode editor as well as this one, like before, where we had the light switch. I use it for pretty much everything and I think most people did, at least for galleries
-Is there anything that can be done about the new line issue Zoe pointed out, where you have to shift+click to not get giant line spacing. I doubt there's anything, but it's already driving me crazy :P
-A lot of the emoticons aren't working. I'm sure that's already on your to do list though
-99% sure this isn't possible, but on unapproved posts, the edit button is under options instead of just being there like regular posts. Is it possible for it to be like normal posts? Don't go crazy finding a solution though, it's not that much of an issue, and probably only bothers me because of doing the Vault stuff
-Also probably on your to do list: the links at the top. Also (since I noticed HPFT doesn't have it) the ability to search members.
-Is it possible to view username changes on profiles? I used it a lot when doing the Vault because it saves searching through the masterlist. idk if that data even came across from the old forums
-The 'Topics' section on the main page is latest posts rather than latest topics. Is it possible to see a list of latest topics posted?

9 minutes ago, hamylton. said:

^related to that, the links under Welcome! are the old ones (contact information etc)

This may be me getting over picky, but that's all I'm good at :P Some of these aren't really bugs, but just things it would be nice to have again. A lot are probably not priority, but I thought I'd post them while I thought of them

-In the mini profile next to posts, there should be a space after 'software' etc
-Is there a way get the option of a BBCode editor as well as this one, like before, where we had the light switch. I use it for pretty much everything and I think most people did, at least for galleries
-Is there anything that can be done about the new line issue Zoe pointed out, where you have to shift+click to not get giant line spacing. I doubt there's anything, but it's already driving me crazy :P
-A lot of the emoticons aren't working. I'm sure that's already on your to do list though
-99% sure this isn't possible, but on unapproved posts, the edit button is under options instead of just being there like regular posts. Is it possible for it to be like normal posts? Don't go crazy finding a solution though, it's not that much of an issue, and probably only bothers me because of doing the Vault stuff
-Also probably on your to do list: the links at the top. Also (since I noticed HPFT doesn't have it) the ability to search members.
-Is it possible to view username changes on profiles? I used it a lot when doing the Vault because it saves searching through the masterlist. idk if that data even came across from the old forums
-The 'Topics' section on the main page is latest posts rather than latest topics. Is it possible to see a list of latest topics posted?

yes, i've fixed the links in the welcome forum as well but if anyone finds another one that's not working properly, post it here

- i think that's related to the theme so maybe becca or katlynn can do something about it but idk

- also a question for the coders

- probably not? it's the same on hpft i think...but we'll check it out

- some of the old ones aren't working, probably lost in the migration and if we can't put them back in we'll remove them at some point, but the new ones should work fine

- that's also probably related to the theme/skin - it's something that may change when we get a new one

- we'll add those links....searching members, well, i have the option (maybe it's an admin thing?) but it's weird and we'll definitely look into that

- i'm not sure that the old usernames migrated with us, especially since the difference between login names and display names disappeared but becca probably knows more

- that's fixed and it displays the newest topics

^for emoticons, if you can jump back on the old forums (not sure if you still can), then you could just save them. Otherwise, I don't mind going searching for them again or finding some new ones

Okay, I ask Kristina this and she told me to post here so I was just wondering if we could get dohtml enabled (if not everywhere just in the digest forums) or if that is even a possibility...

Also is it possible to get a desktop version on mobile because as of right now I only have mobile version on my phone and would really love to switch the desktop version (I know weird request I just prefer to have my options)

There are certain notification settings that are saying they've been disabled by admins, specifically 'Someone posts on my profile' and 'Someone comments on something I follow'. Is it possible for us to be able to change these or is there a specific reason it's been set that way?

2 minutes ago, hamylton. said:

There are certain notification settings that are saying they've been disabled by admins, specifically 'Someone posts on my profile' and 'Someone comments on something I follow'. Is it possible for us to be able to change these or is there a specific reason it's been set that way?

fixed it!

Edited by hamylton.
thank you! <3

me again

statuses seem to cut off after about two lines (which isn't very many words) and you can only see the whole thing if you click onto the time stamp or someone's profile. Is that something that's changeable? 

I was lightly combing through the New Artist threads - looks like the tutorial links are not functional, even when the net is changed to org. 

For Example: http://the-dark-arts.net/forums/index.php?showforum=389

Original: 

Edited by finxter365

3 hours ago, After Midnight said:

Okay, I ask Kristina this and she told me to post here so I was just wondering if we could get dohtml enabled (if not everywhere just in the digest forums) or if that is even a possibility...

I've enabled HTML for digest managers.

3 hours ago, hamylton. said:

Fixed!

1 hour ago, finxter365 said:

I was lightly combing through the New Artist threads - looks like the tutorial links are not functional, even when the net is changed to org. 

We're working on updating the links :)

Edited by hamylton.
<33 thank you!

Hi! Great to see TDA up and running again. :D

So... since this forum is similar to hpft, I was wondering if the option to be able to upload a profile header would be available here? If not, then that's fine. 😉

I noticed this when I accidentally clicked sign up instead of login, but it gives an error that says "The CAPTCHA settings are invalid." so basically it's not allowing people to sign up to be apart of the community.

23 minutes ago, After Midnight said:

I noticed this when I accidentally clicked sign up instead of login, but it gives an error that says "The CAPTCHA settings are invalid." so basically it's not allowing people to sign up to be apart of the community.

Working on it, thanks

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.