The Dark Arts

Hi :ph34r:

I actually made an account back in October as a non-artist, but haven't used it or introduced myself yet. I'm usually on hpft writing fan fiction, where I go by Beth, and now I've decided to start making graphics ^^ so... I installed photoshop a month ago, thanks to the advice of starbuck, and got three things on my gallery this far. 

I'm not sure what else to say - I'm 25, will never get too old for the Aristocats or Harry Potter and I like to believe I'm in an open marriage with Fitzwilliam Darcy :P

I'm looking forward to learn, chat, participate in challenges and all that good stuff - so hi :ph34r:

Hi Beth! It's always great to see new artists around here! I'm Taylor one of the Staff Mods here. I also started out as a fan fiction writer first, (gosh going on 14 years now) and remember always being impressed by the beautiful graphics I saw attached to stories which is how I tumbled into TDA and eventually started to learn how to make my own. The Tutorials, challenges, resources and critique forums here are all amazing and helped me learn the skills and continue to help me improve. Also our fellow artists are super helpful and friendly and usually willing to give advice.

Like you, I'm not ashamed to say that I'm never going to be too hold for Harry Potter, and am more than willing to admit that I'm a complete and utter nerd about it. It's great to meet you and I look forward to seeing you around. If you ever have any questions or seek advice, feel free to PM me.

Hey Taylor - thank you so much! I'm currently getting an overview of the forums and looking through some of the tutorials, having fun so far :laugh:

also I LOVE Ariel!

hi Beth! no, you (we) will never be too old for HP & aristocats. I love both dearly <33 i'm glad you decided to introduce yourself and to make a gallery!! my name is Alison and i'm a staff mod, like Taylor. feel free to reach out any time with questions. I help out mostly in the DA, so if you have any questions there i'm your gal ;) -- well, one of them, because there's tons of friendly mods :) lol. who are also not all gals.

ANYWAY. again i'm happy to see you introducing yourself and look forward to checking out your creations around the site!

Hi Beth! I love that you had an account for a while before posting a gallery; I was exactly the same! I'd been lurking on and off for nearly ten years before I finally posted a gallery a couple of months ago (yeah, never underestimate how long it can take me to do something...). As Taylor said, the tutorials are amazing! They've helped me out so much over the years and continue to help me as I get back into graphic making. I've recently gotten into entering the challenges too which I'm absolutely loving, so I definitely recommend entering those! I'm always around for a chat if you want to bounce graphic ideas of someone or anything like that and I can't wait to see your work! :happy:

Hey mia, great to see another newbie :happy: I'm already considering participating in the resource-me challenge - but maybe that's too soon ^^ 

Hi Beth! I'm Sammi and I'm a DA mod here, along with social media manager! I saw you were thinking about entering the resource me challenge and I am here to encourage you 10000%! That was something that really helped me getting a grip on making graphics and the like--entering challenges! The tutorials and critique center are absolutely incredibly helpful especially getting going, plus we have a bunch of super friendly members and mods who would adore helping you, myself included! If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Also, Harry Potter and the Aristocats are not things anyone can outgrow, I'm convinced!

Hey Sammi, thanks for the warm welcome 

I've already learned a few new things from the tutorials - and all the incredible textures and resources  here - it's a goldmine!

- and  I'll definitely join that challenge :happy: