The Dark Arts

Jaded's little corner - December 31st - 2020

Wow!! I am in love with your icons, but especially in love with *these because the way they look so good together and so different at the same time is so lovely. I love the bright colors. I am a total sucker for bright and bold color choices, so obviously *this header is my favorite. Your gallery looks great! 

On 5/3/2020 at 9:22 PM, love.story said:

Wow!! I am in love with your icons, but especially in love with *these because the way they look so good together and so different at the same time is so lovely. I love the bright colors. I am a total sucker for bright and bold color choices, so obviously *this header is my favorite. Your gallery looks great! 

Oh thank you so much for the lovely comment. I am in a love / hate relatioship with my icon sets. 

Added a new icon set/ 1 banner/ 2 signatures and cleaned a bit. I know it needs further cleaning....

Edit: ended up cleaning more...'bout time

1 new icon set an cleaning older ones

3 new sigs

3 new bannes

1 new chapter and

1 new blend

Edited by JadedWraith

hellohello!!! i've seen you around the forums a lot lately but never formally came by your gallery to say hello and leave a comment so i figured... why not today? :D

i really love your style—this b&w banner and this blend are my favs. the blend, in particular, because the composition is so skillful, and the colours are to die for. your current signature is also really cool! the comp is interesting, and the balance of warm and cool tones is supersuper pretty. i love seeing your creations whenever you post in challenges or the post your latest creation form!! < 3

only a couple things i would watch out for—in the blend i linked before, as well as this blend and this chapter image, you've chosen images where the model's heads are partially cut off, which tends to feel kinda awkward nd throws the eye off a bit D : also, sometimes your text placement/formatting is a bit awkward; you tend to write your caption text in sentence case, which isn't bad, but the way that the letters are different heights is a bit distracting to the eye! using all-caps can help with that! plus (again, not a huge deal or anything), your line spacing is a bit wide sometimes (like in this), which can also be a bit distracting because it draws the eye away from the people or main text!

again, i love your style and your grasp on colour and composition! just a couple little image choosing & text things that can really help take you to that next level! i will be back regularly to check out your new creations! always feel free to PM if you want to talk : )

Hi, @theodosia thanks for your input.

Just a thing, as much as it is a standard in graphics aesthetics, all caps text is an text ergonomics major no no,  as makes the message difficult to read. Hence, with the background I have , I have trouble using it. Agreed on the line spacing, I've tried to improve on that. It's a slow process. I have a lot to learn, still and it's a slow process. Again thanks. 

I love how vibrant your colors are. I love how your text grabs my attention and my eyes don't hurt trying to find it somewhere in the graphic (which is my biggest problem.. text. URGH) thus I admire it all the more on your skills.

Your Cedric sig is my favorite in here. I love the extra touches of texture and the colors all went really well together. Hufflepuff mood, for sure. 

• Like 1