sikx3Kl.png

by satellite

f9a1AKo.png

by golden.

F6B6GhB.png

by golden.

credits.

Edited by !lifeisasong

i love your stock usage and your blending! your text is also nicely placed and always fits the mood of the graphic. :') i can't wait to see what more you add c: 

On 8/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, baekhyun! said:

i love your stock usage and your blending! your text is also nicely placed and always fits the mood of the graphic. :') i can't wait to see what more you add c: 

Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you like my gallery :) I'll definitely be adding more soon!

Hiiii! 

Just poking around and I absolutely ADORE how light and soft all of your graphics are. It feels so warm and friendly that it makes me really happy, especially with your cohesion and composition! I especially like your banner and the text on your take me out sig is awesome! 

Can't wait to see what more you come up with :) 

Hi Sammi!! Thanks so much; I'm glad you like them :)

Thanks for stopping by!

<3, Ashley

Ashley!!! Welcome back my love! It's been too long and somehow you are still brilliant as ever. I adore all of your pieces, but +this one is probably my favorite. The soft coloring and tone of it is just gorgeous. I also love the blue tones on your banner and your flower icons are just the cutest! Looking at your gallery just makes me so happy. So glad to see you are back and hope to see more from you soon!

xoxo,

one of your long time fans!!!

Hello! 

Popping in to say congratulations on your promotion! 

I love the lightness of your graphics, and they're so soft and relaxing. I especially love your icons. The colouring is beautiful with great focal point. Also, extra brownie points for stock usage. We are a lost art form. 

I also very much love +this sig

Looking forward to see what else you make. 

Lia :)

Kara: Hi!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! I'm glad you like my new gallery; I'll be adding more soon!

Lia: Hi! Thank you so much; I'm really excited about it!! Funny you mention stock usage - back in the day when I was here, everyone used so much more stock than me, so it's funny how the trend has changed. Thanks again!!

❤️

GxX6lpo.png

Hi Ashley! I'm here with your critique.

Image quality

My main tip for image quality is to download HQ pictures, stock or model images work best if they are high quality. For this I'd suggest looking at actor and actress's fansites as they will mostly likely have HQ images you can use. Also look for HQ stock packs too. Another thing I can suggest is having the resolution for your graphics set at 72 pixels/inch. A factor which can play a role in image quality is resizing after the first initial resize. You want to try resizing and placing in one sweep.

Text

I've noticed that some of your text is not that readable. I know that you are trying to make it readable with a drop shadow but this does not always work. My main rule with text is that when working with a light coloured banner dark text works best and vice versa. If you keep that in mind it will help you a lot. Try using some different fonts too but keep in mind the mood of the graphic you are making. For bright graphics I'd suggest using sans serif fonts rather than cursive fonts as they suit dark, moody graphics. Also choose colours that match the colours from your graphic rather than just plain white and black. This will help the text look like it belongs in your graphics.

Blending Modes

I'd suggest playing around with different blend modes. I feel on some of your graphics the textures, on screen or lighten, wash out the graphic. +here I feel like the image of the castle is really washed out and bearly visible aprt from a small line where the twig would have been. I'd love to see you play around with overlay textures a bit more and different blend modes.

Composition

I feel like some of your graphics lack a main focal point especially +here, +here and +here. Here are some tutorials on composition that can help you: +here and +here. Composition is how everything works together and includes a focal point. For a focal point to work it has to be a place where the eye is first drawn too which means that the text has to match the placement of everything else. With you 'castles' signature my eye is all over the place as their is no clear focal point. I'd suggest working and playing around with it. The more you practise the better you will be.

Challenges

Here are some fun challenges to push you out of your comfort zone.

• Create a dark/moody banner with at least two models on and one overlay texture, including suitable stock
  • Create a signature that has at least three model images from the same photoshoot: +here
  • Create a 100x100 icon set using +these model images and +this texture pack
  • Create a blend with images of your favourite celebrity and only use textures on it

I hope this critique helps you in some way. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or require any help with photoshop or any of the challenges suggested.

Gaby

Hi Gaby!! Thanks so much for the critique; I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to do it :)

I already made a mini icon set from the resources you recommended, and will be working on your other points as well!

Firstly - Congratulations on your promotion! You totally deserve it :D 

I think +this blend is my favorite in your gallery, followed closely by +this banner.

The colors you choose for your graphics are so soft and beautiful I could look at them all day!

Thank you so much!! I struggle so much with blends and banners, so I'm really glad you like them! :)