beyond the rain

bex's crit thread

Hello! I'm bex, and I'm here to offer some critique. My strengths are stock use, composition/placement, and making graphics flow! I struggle with text, varying my colouring, and image quality (damn gimp 2.10) . I'm telling you this because even at master artist, we can still suck at stuff - I'll be the first to admit that we do. I'm also telling you because it's important to know where we excel and where we need work. I'm offering that in the form of critique! 

I prefer giving harsh critique, telling you where and how you can improve. If you don't want harsh crit, let me know and I'll soften it up. If you like I can give you a cleanout (be warned they can be ruthless) and a challenge. The challenge will be asking you to make a graphic that's out of your comfort zone i.e a blend using a minimum of four different models (that would be my challenge, i hate blends!)

Fill out the form below, if you want a cleanout and/or challenge please let me know in the form somewhere! 

If you don't want specific crit, and would just like to know more about how I make my graphics, or any questions about a specific piece in my gallery, you can ask on my Q&A thread+. I've also got tutorials on gradient blending+ and stock use+

Given the weird times we're in, for now I'm going to say this is open to any rank, with unlimited spaces. Depending on how well this does, that may change! 

The form:

[b]Artist Name[/b]:
[b]Acknowledged Weak Points[/b]: (i.e., 'blending')
[b]Type of Critique Requested[/b]: (i.e., 'my banners always come out cluttered - how can i prevent that from happening?')
[b]Software[/b]: (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc...)
[b]Most Recent Gallery Update[/b]: (i.e., date)
[b]Gallery Link[/b]: [url=LINKHERE]Gallery[/url]
[b]Requested Time Frame[/b]:
Edited by beyond the rain

Artist Name: Gaby

Acknowledged Weak Points: Variety in composition/focal points especially in banners, variety of fonts used and text styles (such as outlines and shadows)

Type of Critique Requested: Be as harsh as you like. A challenge would be good as would a clean out. Any other weakpoints you may find (note: colourings in all graphics are not my own and are psds - maybe some tips on how to nto be so reliant on them)

Software: Photoshop CC

Most Recent Gallery Update: 10th April

Gallery Link: Gallery

Requested Time Frame: Whenever you have time

Thanks for this Bex :loves:

On 4/11/2020 at 2:22 PM, bewitching. said:

Artist Name: Gaby

Acknowledged Weak Points: Variety in composition/focal points especially in banners, variety of fonts used and text styles (such as outlines and shadows)

Type of Critique Requested: Be as harsh as you like. A challenge would be good as would a clean out. Any other weakpoints you may find (note: colourings in all graphics are not my own and are psds - maybe some tips on how to nto be so reliant on them)

Software: Photoshop CC

Most Recent Gallery Update: 10th April

Gallery Link: Gallery

Requested Time Frame: Whenever you have time

Thanks for this Bex :loves:

Your crit is done Gaby, sorry about the wait!

At the minute there are still unlimited spots, so add yourself to my list if you fancy some crit!

Artist Name: aurevoir
Acknowledged Weak Points: (i.e., 'blending') probably text / changing it up (color or comp)
Type of Critique Requested: mostly just trying to get back into the grove, so things i should watch out for / should work on (I know its mostly banners...but)
Most Recent Gallery Update: May 14th
Gallery Link:  you were good to me
Requested Time Frame: whenever :)

Edited by aurevoir
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 2:45 AM, aurevoir said:

Artist Name: aurevoir
Acknowledged Weak Points: (i.e., 'blending') probably text / changing it up (color or comp)
Type of Critique Requested: mostly just trying to get back into the grove, so things i should watch out for / should work on (I know its mostly banners...but)
Most Recent Gallery Update: May 14th
Gallery Link:  you were good to me
Requested Time Frame: whenever :)

Hey! Just to let you know, I have seen this - I've just been really busy and in the midst of a slump myself. I'll get this written and up for you in the next week. I hope that's okay! 

• Like 1