You enter The Great Hall and immediately realize that the rumours about you having to fight a troll weren't true. You'll be sure to remember that pale boy's face, he's someone to be reckoned with. You follow the group towards the podium, passing long four tables as you go. Two on your left, two on your right. Older students watch you curiously, there's some whispering, some giggles and laughs. Some students don't even bother to look up, muttering angrily how "they should just get it over with" and serve food. You hear your own stomach grumble; you haven't eaten all day. Because, surely, the snacks on the train don't really count, do they? 

The group stops not too far away from the podium. You notice a stool with an old hat sitting on it. What is the meaning of this? They don't expect you to try the hat on in front of the entire school, do they? 

But then you hear your name. A woman in a pointy hat tells you to sit down on the stool and try on the Sorting Hat as your fate will be decided. 

Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?

In order to be sorted, you need to write a short passage of getting sorted. There's no word limit, it can be as short and as long as you want!

Please leave the sorting up to the Sorting Hat;)

tenor.gif?itemid=13986855

I sit nervously, while everyone is watching. My cousin was in Ravenclaw, of course. Me, I am not so sure. I love books and libraries are my second home but I seem lack that  wit, that hability to silence everyone with a snarky reply. Things never come easy for me. Oh maybe it will be Slytherin but I am not that keen on world domination or whatever is their master plan lately,  I am not brave or outspoken. Where do I belong?

"....Hufflepuff!" Did I hear correctly?  I get  up nervously and join my new House. 

The Sorting Hat makes the decision and puts you in Hufflepuff!

My eyes dart around the Great Hall rapidly, trying to take in my surroundings  as I walk towards the stool. The teachers watch on, waiting to see who will be put where, listening to see if they recognise any surnames, trying to guess where people belong.  As I turn to sit, the students at the four house tables are craning over each other to get a better look at me, wondering if I will be in their house or if I will be their competition. Professor McGongall places the hat on my head and I wait, wondering what comes next when, suddenly, a voice begins to speak in my head.

Brave? No, not really. The shadows are safer. Cunning? No, you prefer to slip into the mix and be patient. Book smart? No, that's not what you value. You would rather be kind and loyal. Where will I end up?

Brown eyes watch curiously at your surroundings, observing students and professors as you attempt  to guess where you might fir best. The green and silver colors of Slytherin attracts you the most, but you're not entirely sure you have what it takes to be in that house.  Ravenclaw is also a close contestant when you ponder over which house you want to be in, though unable to choose between the two, you eventually decide to leave the decision to the sorting hat who's meant to know best where you'd fit. 

The Sorting Hat makes the decision and puts you in Ravenclaw!

If only I could be in charge here, then I would see to it that this place is run properly. I can already tell from the smug looks on these professors' faces that they don't know what's going on, and my grand family name and reputation is just what this school needs to make it so much better. But I hope that this silly Sorting Hat will have the wisdom and judgment to sort me into the house into which I am destined...

The Sorting Hat makes the decision and puts you in Slytherin!

taking a seat with trembling limbs, a professor places a raggedly old hat on my head. My parents had high expectation of me starting Hogwarts and had already assumed that I would be in Ravenclaw. I wasn't entirely sure myself if I fit there as I had always felt a connection to Hufflepuff too. I can hear the hat mumbling away and try my hardest to block out the noise and faces all around me...the hat has made a decision...

The Sorting Hat makes the decision and puts you in Hufflepuff!

looking around and the faces of all the different type of people staring at you. The silver and blue and the yellow and black both stare at you. A gulp and anxiety wash over you as she take a seat on the stool, waiting for what the hat will say. 

The Sorting Hat makes the decision and puts you in Ravenclaw!

Walking towards the hat I eye it warily, knowing fully well that for a hat to know my future it must be cunning beyond measure. I take a seat and watch as the hat is placed upon my head knowing it can see all of my thoughts. Glancing up at the brim tapering over my face i ask it in my head, "Are you really as smart as they say you are? If so I respect that. I do enjoy someone or something that can engage on an intellectual level. " Wherever it put me I knew I wanted to be where I could learn all I could about this world. So much knowledge at my fingertips in the castle I could not wait.

“Sitting front of a row full of students- professor McGonagall said “Amanda would you please come up to the sorting hat,”

amortentia then proceeded to go upwards. And nerversoulsy sat waiting. 

it was silent a second  before “.. SLYTHERIN” Hehehuehuehue

Upon her name being called, Taylor walks with poise and grace, head held high, towards the sorting hat. She has no doubt where she destined to go and no hope to be anywhere else either. She was born to do great things and her cleverness, restfulness and ambition will take her to extraordinary heights. So its no surprise that mere seconds after it is placed on her head the sorting hat cries out "Slytherin"

Caleb wasn't sure if he was nervous or excited - he had been waiting to come to Hogwarts for so long, and now that the moment was finally here, he was overwhelmed. Everything seemed to be moving so fast, and while he was giddily taking everything in, it was almost too rapid. When his name was called, he went up to sit on the stool. A large, rugged hat was placed on his head. He sat there nervously, evaluating his options; which house would he join? Which one was the best fit? The Sorting Hat was supposed to have the answer to all of his questions, so he waited...

The Sorting Hat makes the decision and puts you in Gryffindor!

There is apprehension somewhere within her, but Zi is a master at disguising her emotions.  She looks calm and collected, nonchalant even, as she walks up to the sorting hat when her name is called.  There is nothing she can't handle, not with her cunning, clever brain.  She wants for so much, ambitions raised to heights unimaginable, unfathomable, and yet she knows that with her steely determination, she can achieve anything.  She sits down on the stool, chin turned slightly upward as if daring the universe to mess with her, and the hat is placed onto her head.  Then, she waits.