Sign in to follow this  
page thirteen.

[misc] the page/line/word challenge

Challenge Issued By: jade/PAGE thirteen.
Challenge Title: the page/line/word challenge 
Image Size: any 1 of the following: 500x200 sig, 110x700 vertical banner, 700x110/700x150 banner, 380x300 chapter image 
Text: the quote you're given (and nothing else!)
Specific Images: up to you! 
Mood: up to you!
Animation: if you can swing it 
Other Information:

i'm resurrecting this ol' challenge i made. the way it works is that when you're in, you post a page/line/word reference. i've written out the titles of most* of my books and i'll stick them all in a randomiser- whichever one comes out, i'll find that page/line/word you selected and give you the whole sentence. that'll be the text on your graphic! 

that's a bit of a weird explanation, but say i choose 21/8/25, choosing the nearest book, it gives me the quote: "You must have noticed me staring at you during the set." that's the only text allowed on my graphic :') 

if you don't vibe with the quote you get (totally understandable!), drop me a PM or profile comment, and i'll grab a different book and give you something else : ] 

* i didn't include the following: compendiums, graphic novels, manga, e-books, anything i couldn't read the title of because it was too far away, or anything that's hardback or very tall because i couldn't be bothered to go into the other room for them lmao. it's left 269 books, so we'll be fine anyway, imo.

Please remember your image code!

If you're okay with us posting this on social media (with attribution, of course!), please say so when you post your entry. Thank you!

Challenge Ends: 12 july 2020

Remember to post the image code with your entry within code tags! 

[code][img=image url here]

------

amoretti - I began gathering up my things slowly, trying to block the anger that filled me, for fear my eyes would tear up. (Twilight, Stephenie Meyer)

beyond the rain - "Let us use this inopportune alertness to inspect a less frantic city than we find in the day, and determine where we might be of service." (You Suck, Christopher Moore)

felis catus - (I eat my scones with big slabs of it, so the butter melts on the outside but keeps a cold bite in the middle.) (Carry on, Rainbow Rowell)

invidia - "Well, but at least you can get to the part where you don't matter." (An Abundance of Katherines, John Green)

KayLO REN - "No, not that, come with me." (Twilight Robbery, Francis Hardinge)

Lady Plantagenet - A few more strokes and he had to let some air out, then some more, until his lungs were completely empty and the pain was crippling him. (SIlverfin, Charlie Higson)

hamylton. - Gimli started and then stood still as stone, staring, while the old man sprang up the steps as nimbly as a goat. (The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers: The Treason of Isengard, J. R. R. Tolkein)

page thirteen. -  He pulled her against him, cradling her body. (Winter, Marissa Meyer)

PhoenixAlthor - "And face one of you two?" (The Well of Ascension, Brandon Sanderson)

softbun - "Then I had to decide what to say to you when we met."  (Anansi Boys, Neil Gaiman)

theodosia - The ground shook, and they could see fires burning perhaps a thousand yards away. (The Death Instinct, Jed Rubenfeld)

Edited by page thirteen.

22/1/7 please! 

Quick question, do we need to include the full quote or parts of it? 

Edited by amoretti

my in post - 153/13/7

bannerwinter.png

[img]https://i.ibb.co/yVs0jHL/bannerwinter.png[/img]

Edited by page thirteen.

150/10/20 please :) !

Ph67PoC.png

[img=https://i.imgur.com/Ph67PoC.png]

Edited by invidia

37/14/6 please :) 

C7W0eOI.png

[img=https://i.imgur.com/C7W0eOI.png]

Edited by felis catus

On 6/28/2020 at 8:42 PM, amoretti said:

Quick question, do we need to include the full quote or parts of it? 

i think because i've allowed no added text, i cannot allow less text, so the full thing, i'm afraid! 😈