The Dark Arts
golden.

when the city goes silent, the ringing in my ears gets violent

First off, congratulations on being FA! =D

I remember when we were MAs together- I admired you then, and I admire you all the more now. It's mind-boggling, how you can make pieces that are so simple yet so sophisticated at the same time! Your animation is amazing, your use of text out of this world, and I wish I could just steal those manipulation skills for myself and gobble them down :sean:(I tried to enter that recent manipulation challenge of yours, but I suck at it :tongue:)

To summarize- you are awesome. :glomp:

Edit: New page win! :sean:

Edited by azimuth

Hey Golden.

I love your gallery, especially your banners. I just love the composition and the way the nature backgrounds look so real. Like it really looks at though the people are in that environment. :happy: The amount of detail and depth is just breathtaking and all the more beautiful because you use GIMP (I read somewhere that it's like a million times harder than Photoshop!)

Keep up the good work and Congrats on being featured artist, you definitely deserve the honor. :hug:

So sorry for my lateness in responding to these lovely comments!

Andrea - Thank you so much, lovely! <3

Kiana - Thank you so much! Hehe, I don't think my Sherlock obsession is unnoticeable any more :P Thank you, such kind things to say! <3

Wendy - Thank you so much m'dear! Aaah, love it :P <3

Vanya - Thank you lovely! I remember too! You were always and shall forever remain a million times more wonderful with stock! <3 Such lovely things to say, thank you so so much <3

Ellie - Thank you so much! So, so kind of you <3 I've only tried Photoshop once with a trial, and I was useless at it lol! :P Thank you again <3

Hi Karine! I don't think we've met. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. :)

I love how subtle your style is. It's not whambaminyourface or anything, but in the best way possible. Your animation is simple but very original and I really enjoy that. Same with your text! Same with your text. Nothing is overly flashy but each graphic has its own distinct mood/feel to it (if that makes sense at all? :blink: ). I'm a fan. :happy:

hai

I enjoy all the benedict in this gallery :sean:

I met him last May and he was the most awesome human

also, +this might interest you :P

you're like one of my favourite people ever

what is this gallery

what are your graphics

please never leave because I'm in love with everything here

your simplicity and your colouring is saoisdjfasdf <3

your first merlin banners remains one of the prettiest things I've seen on this site (not even exaggerating)

the subtle animation and the colouring just makes me so heart eyes

I love love love your gallery

and you

-vee :loves:

I'm sooo late with these replies! I'm so sorry!

Bea - Thank you so much! I'm glad you like my style - tbh I'm never sure I have one :P Thank you <3

Vee - Yes lots of the Cumberbatch :D Oh wow you lucky thing! That generator is amazing, love it! Vee, you're super lovely. Love you lots! <3 Thank you so much <33

Holy cow Karine I am dying over this banner

I mean that animation is stunning *__* In fact, every single thing in here is

I love your negative space/texture style and your graphics are like everything I hope one day I can achieve

On a seperate note, I wonder who your favorite actor is??? It's really hard to pick from your gallery

just kidding, I love the amount of Benedict in here :tongue:

Your gallery is like a heaven for sherlock/doctor who lovers :loves:

I absolutely adore everything, I seriously cannot pick a favorite

everything in here is stunning!

I absolutely love the use of textures and your natural coloring. Everything looks so simple yet so complex which I adore. I esp. like the second to last banner and the second and third chapter images :wub:

geeeeeeeeeeeet dressed you merry gentlemen ♫

OH MY GOD YOU LIKE CABIN PRESSURE askjfklas[sa;'[alS;A

that's like music, music to my ears.

your stock and texture use is beautiful

i have loved +this ever since i first saw it. and +this is beautiful also shh it's one of my favourite mumford & sons songs. i've never been able to get used to gimp (which is basically why i'm a photoshop user), but you obviously have some sort of talent that i don't~ +this is so pretty :3

Oh

My

God

I just saw +this. DAT ANIMATION.

okay, i'm just going to sit here quietly now.

goodbye.

*sigh*

Karine, what can I possibly say about your fantastic gallery? Everything here is perfection, from your imaginative chapter images to your subtle and rich coloring. I'm totally impressed and inspired!

I'm awful. I'm so, so sorry I'm unbelievably late replying to these lovely comments.

Meggie - thank you so much! Yes, he's the best!

Vanessa - thank you so much <3

Laura - Cabin Pressure is amazing! So funny :D Thank you so much <3

Andrea - that's so lovely of you to say, thank you! <3

lroN20a.gif

Hey Karine!

Just dropping by to leave you a bit of holiday love on your gallery!

First let me say thank you for all you do for the site throughout the year! You're so friendly and approachable and always willing to help, which I really appreciate. :)

So oddly enough, this is the first time I've been to your gallery. I'm sorry that I haven't made it here sooner. One thing I noticed right away is how crisp and clear your graphics are. Every single image is filtered and colored so perfectly.

Your Small Miracles banner is one of my favorites. It's gorgeous and the image you used is so haunting. The eyes have so much depth to them.

I also really like your Doctor Who blend. It's cool how the dalek lights up. :)

Wishing you happy holidays and a new year filled with all the wonderful things you deserve! :hug:

~Kaitlin

i adore the subtle gif use in this+ banner. but more than that, i love the composition, the coloring, the stock use.

this+ banner is so soft and perfectly blended.

and i 110% am in love with this+ bell jar book cover. honest to god, it makes me want to re-read the book ASAP.

your graphics are ah-may-zing.

Hi Karine!

What a lovely, soft gallery you have here! It's lovely to see you still managing to find the time to graphic despite staffing duties, so hats off to you for that <3

Your style is so distinctive, and gentle, and the animation in this is so dramatic and effective and makes me almost hold my breath in anticipation. :loves:

Thank you for everything you do!

Kaitlin, Kat and Shona - thank you so much for your lovely, lovely messages and please forgive me for being so ridiculously late in replying to them! They are much appreciated :glomp:

GOODNESS your work is amazing!! I'm always hesitant to leave comments as a non-graphics person, but they're so minimal and powerful and I really, REALLY like your use of font. The composition for your chapter images especially is amazing.  Great work!

Thank you so, so much for your very kind comment! :glomp: